Pakistan set to host 13th ECO summit tomorrow
In addition to the Afghani President Ashraf Ghani, five presidents and three prime ministers will participate in the ECO summit. The heads of state and government from Iran, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan and Azerbaijan will arrive in Pakistan in order to attend.
The meeting of Council of Foreign Ministers of Economic Cooperation Organization is underway in the federal capital. The Council is expected to approve the ECO Vision 2025 and text of Islamabad Declaration, recommended by the senior officials of the member-states during their two-day deliberations. Islamabad Declaration 2017 contains the salient points of cooperation among the members of ECO in connectivity, trade, transport and energy fields, Radio Pakistan reported.
On Monday, Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan chaired a meeting to review security measures for the meeting. Police authorities and civil administration attended the meeting.
After the meeting, the Islamabad administration issued a security plan for the upcoming ECO meeting, stating that all educational institution and offices will be closed at 1 pm on Tuesday (tomorrow), while there will be a public holiday in the twin cities.
It was decided in the meeting that foolproof security will be provided to all foreign delegation and state heads who will be visiting Pakistan to attend the ECO summit in Islamabad.
Pakistan last hosted the third ECO Summit in Islamabad in May 1995.
ECO was established in 1985 by Pakistan, Iran and Turkey. Later on, Azerbaijan, Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and Tajikistan were also included.
- Pakistan jump to fourth place in ICC World Test Championship points ...04:46 PM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Former first lady leading 'malicious campaign' against state ...03:40 PM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Komal Meer treats fans with latest photoshoot01:07 PM | 4 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022