MQM announces mourning day after worker found dead
According to the party, the deceased, Sohail Ahmed, was the in-charge of Society sector unit 64. He was allegedly picked up by law enforcement agencies on December 15 from the area.
Hearing the news of his death, members of the Rabita Committee started arriving at the Abbasi Shaheed Hospital, while markets in many areas of the city, including PECHS, Bahudarabad and Tariq Road, started shutting down.
Condemning the death, MQM chief Altaf Hussain said that 36 workers have become victims of extra judicial killings.
“The MQM is being targeted in the name of a targeted operation,” the party chief alleged.
Further, he claimed some agencies were carrying out actions against the party on the orders of the government.
Karachi Traders Union has announced a support to MQM's mourning day in another news.
- Submarine cable cuts disrupt internet services in Pakistan09:59 PM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022
- Shehbaz Sharif, Imran Khan, Gen Bajwa named among world’s 500 most ...10:36 PM | 1 Nov, 2022