Pak-Eng 3rd Test: When Spin king Saqlain was called a traitor, Afridi came to his rescue
After Pakistan’s tremendous victory at Lord’s, the hosts sought the services of former off-spinner for the second Test to help them against the threat of leggie Yasir Shah.
This was spun to be a matter of patriotism for most Pakistanis. Unable to comprehend how he could assist England against his own country, many took to Twitter to call Saqlain Mushtaq a ‘traitor’.
However, former and current Pakistan players were quick to rise in the former off-spinner’s defence. Former T20 captain Shahid Afridi called people to ‘respect’ the former Pakistan spinner for his “job as a coach” and not label him as a ‘traitor’.
Further, former captain Muhammad Yousuf said it was “bad shot selection” and not Saqlain who was responsible for Pakistan’s rout at Old Trafford.
Former all-rounder Azhar Mahmood also spoke out in defense of Saqlain on Twitter, telling followers that coaching was Saqlain’s ‘profession’ and the off-spinner was still making Pakistan proud.
- Karachi police bust ‘burger gang’ involved in house robberies in ...10:30 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- PCB unveils team Pakistan’s official jersey for T20 World Cup08:45 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Pakistan reopens shrines, cinemas for fully vaccinated visitors08:20 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Saba Qamar drops the first look from upcoming project 'Serial Killer'04:47 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat expresses love for Jennifer Lopez04:20 PM | 15 Oct, 2021
- Alizeh Shah's gorgeous bridal shoot wins hearts03:27 PM | 15 Oct, 2021