PPP ditches PML-N; announces to sit on opposition benches in Parliament
Regarding the party’s role at the federal level, Bilawal maintained that “PPP will play its role as an opposition in the parliament setting an example for others on how an opposition is done.”
Rejecting the election results, the PPP chairman said, “Free and fair elections are every Pakistani’s right and on that in front we are not willing to compromise” adding that PPP will take the matter forward in the parliament.
Muttahida Qaumi Movement-Pakistan (MQM-P) took the third position with 16 seats in the provincial assembly.
Murad Ali Shah would become the chief minister of the province for the second consecutive time. Earlier in 2016, before having served as provincial Finance and Irrigation minister in the cabinet of Qaim Ali Shah, he succeeded the latter as the new CM.
The decision to replace Qaim Ali Shah as Sindh CM was taken by PPP’s senior leadership at a high -level meeting in Dubai. A couple of days later, Bilawal Bhutto nominated Murad Ali Shah as PPP’s choice for the CM.
In 2013, Murad was not allowed to contest elections due to his dual nationality. However, subsequently, he gave up his Canadian nationality upon which he was permitted by the Election Commission of Pakistan to contest the elections.
- Tanzanian influencers Kili and Neema Paul recreate viral Pakistani ...01:52 AM | 6 Dec, 2022
- Mahira Khan showers Quick Style with 'gifts'01:16 AM | 6 Dec, 2022
- Sarah Khan shares pictures from latest bridal shoot12:52 AM | 6 Dec, 2022
- Grammy-winning Pakistani singer shares her quest to find her ...08:39 PM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022