1 killed, 3 injured in cross-LoC firing by Indian troops
The casualties occurred in the Nakyal sector in southern Kotli district after shelling began in the area at about 3:30pm, with Indian troops using small arms, automatic weapons and mortars, according to local officials.
Abdul Wahab, son of Haji Razzaq, was hit by shrapnel from a mortar shell when he was on his way to Dothilla village, which lies along the restive LoC, police official Khurshid Ahmed said.
The 22-year old victim, who ran a shop in Nakyal bazar, died on the spot, he added.
Elsewhere, Mohammad Shakil, 25, was injured in Balakot, Asif Mahmood, 28, was injured in Mohra Gimb and Safeera Bibi, 32, was injured in Bohail Colony.
Military sources and locals said that Pakistani troops “effectively” responded to Indian shelling, Dawn News reported.
- Pakistan lifts import ban on non-essential, luxury items on IMF demand04:44 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- BTS makes history with 70 million YouTube subscribers04:16 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Alizeh Shah looks ethereal in latest snap03:14 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022