1 killed, 3 injured in cross-LoC firing by Indian troops
The casualties occurred in the Nakyal sector in southern Kotli district after shelling began in the area at about 3:30pm, with Indian troops using small arms, automatic weapons and mortars, according to local officials.
Abdul Wahab, son of Haji Razzaq, was hit by shrapnel from a mortar shell when he was on his way to Dothilla village, which lies along the restive LoC, police official Khurshid Ahmed said.
The 22-year old victim, who ran a shop in Nakyal bazar, died on the spot, he added.
Elsewhere, Mohammad Shakil, 25, was injured in Balakot, Asif Mahmood, 28, was injured in Mohra Gimb and Safeera Bibi, 32, was injured in Bohail Colony.
Military sources and locals said that Pakistani troops “effectively” responded to Indian shelling, Dawn News reported.
- vivo Y55 launched in Pakistan, price, camera, full specifications04:30 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan Railways to run three special trains on Eidul Adha03:28 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Top Pakistani general discusses bilateral security with Iranian ...03:05 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Asad Rauf: Former ICC umpire not ashamed to sell second-hand items in ...02:44 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani forces kill three terrorists in North Waziristan operation02:14 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Mahira Khan shares tips to get viral on social media01:33 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Model Fia Khan faces backlash over bold pregnancy photoshoot11:51 AM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Hareem Farooq and Imran Abbas channel 70s vibes in latest BTS video11:00 AM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022