Chinese VP wraps up Pakistan visit on 'highly successful' note
"The Vice President's highly successful visit has imparted a strong impetus to further deepening of the time-tested friendship between Pakistan and China," the Foreign Office said in a statement as the visiting dignitary wrapped-up his visit to Islamabad and Lahore from May 26-28.
The visit of Vice President Wang Qishan encompassed meetings with the Pakistani leadership, launching of four mega projects, inking of five accords and reviewing progress on China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC).
"The visit has added to the vitality of the Pakistan-China bilateral partnership, which remains unaffected by adverse regional and international developments, and continues to grow from strength to strength," the Foreign Office statement said.
The Foreign Office said the visit acquired "an increased momentum" since the Prime Minister Imran Khan's visit to China in November 2018 and his participation in the 2nd Belt and Road Forum in Beijing in April 2019.
The two sides held in-depth discussions on Phase-II of CPEC including industrial and agricultural cooperation and socio-economic development, and on deepening practical cooperation in tourism and people-to-people exchanges.
Pakistan, China sign several MoUs in diverse ... 11:32 PM | 26 May, 2019
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan and China on Sunday while reaffirming their 'All-Weather Strategic Cooperative Partnership' ...
The two countries also agreed to enhance bilateral trade volume in a balanced way. In this respect, they resolved to implement the recently concluded 2nd Phase of China Pakistan Free Trade Agreement (CPFTA) at the earliest.
They agreed that the early development of prioritized Special Economic Zones (SEZs) will play an important role in further enhancing economic relations between the two countries.
The Pakistan-China All-weather Strategic Cooperative Partnership is unique in modern inter-state relations marked by exceptional trust, mutual understanding and support for each other's core interests.
"China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC), the flagship project of President Xi Jinping's Belt and Road Initiative (BRI), has added a practical dimension to the relationship and further fortified it," the statement added.
President Alvi confers Nishan-e-Pakistan on ... 10:04 PM | 26 May, 2019
ISLAMABAD – President Dr Arif Alvi conferred Nishan-e-Pakistan award to visiting Chinese Vice President Wang Qishan ...
In Lahore, the Chinese Vice President met Punjab Chief Minister Sardar Usman Buzdar and held a meeting with Governor CH Sarwar, who hosted a banquet in his honour.
The distinguished guest paid a short visit to the historical Lahore Royal Fort and Badshahi Mosque in the city before leaving for his home country. CM Buzdar saw him off at the Lahore airport along with senior officials.
- US jury finds ex-cop Derek Chauvin guilty of murder in George Floyd ...03:15 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Ban on TLP will remain intact despite peace deal, says Fawad01:13 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Indian politicians using stray dogs to spread election messages in UP12:49 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- PAKvZIM – Trophy unveiled ahead of first T20 clash (VIDEO)11:42 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- PM Imran wishes India’s Manmohan Singh speedy recovery from COVID-1911:00 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Ertugrul star Engin Altan flaunts his surfing skills in new viral ...03:29 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Umer Sharif’s birthday bash hosted by Nida and Yasir02:55 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021