Shehbaz Sharif summoned on June 13 in Ashiana, Ramzan Sugar Mills cases
Accountability Court Judge Syed Jawadul Hassan conducted the proceedings wherein a counsel for Shehbaz Sharif submitted that his client would return to Pakistan on June 11, in response to a court query.
However, the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) pleaded with the court for dismissal of Shehbaz Sharif's application for exemption in the cases, in its response filed to the plea.
The bureau submitted that medical tests and treatment of Shehbaz Sharif was possible in the country also, whereas the medical treatment was being used as a pretext for exemption from the case proceedings. The court was asked to dismiss the application and issue arrest warrants for Shehbaz Sharif.
However, the court after hearing detailed arguments of the parties rejected the NAB plea and summoned Shehbaz Sharif for June 13.
Hamza Shehbaz also appeared before the court in connection with the Ramzan Sugar Mills case whereas Fawad Hassan Fawad, Ahad Cheema and other accused were also produced in Ashiana case.
It is pertinent to mention that the court was recording statements of the witnesses in both the cases.
Shehbaz Sharif and his son, Hamza Shehbaz, were indicted in Ramzan Sugar Mills case wherein the bureau had alleged that Shehbaz Sharif, as the chief minister Punjab, misused his authority and got constructed a 10-km sludge carrier in district Chiniot to facilitate Ramzan Sugar Mills, which was owned by his sons.
The bureau alleged that the act caused a loss of Rs 213 million to the national exchequer.
Shehbaz Sharif and others were also indicted in Ashiana-e-Iqbal housing case. NAB had accused Shehbaz Sharif of misusing his authority which resulted in failure of the project, depriving 61,000 applicants of housing units. NAB alleged that Shehbaz Sharif, in connivance with former DG LDA
Ahad Cheema, awarded the contract to a proxy.
A Lahore High Court division bench had already granted bail to Shehbaz Sharif in Ashiana and Ramzan Sugar Mills cases.
- Taliban delegation begins talks with Western officials, rights ...11:52 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Over 22,000 government officers in Pakistan are dual national: Report11:05 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- South Africa clean sweep ODI series against India10:56 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Turkey launching 50 new development projects in Pakistan this year10:17 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- British lawmaker claims she was removed as minister over 'Muslimness'09:32 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Asim Azhar wishes Merub Ali on her birthday04:19 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Mawra Hocane spills the beans on her wedding plans03:00 PM | 23 Jan, 2022
- Hina Altaf’s father passes away08:39 PM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021