Pemra clarifies about ban on anchors
PEMRA on Sunday, through a notification, had barred TV talk show anchors from appearing on other similar programmes.
In its latest advisory, the regulatory authority said that there is no ban on participation of journalists in talk shows.
"The PEMRA is fully supportive of freedom of expression as enshrined in the Constitution with a role to regulate it within the bounds of authority's laws and code of conduct," said press release.
It may be noted that the advisory has been issued in line with existing PEMRA laws, Electronic Media (Programmes & Advertisements) Code of Conduct-2015 and advisories issued from time to time on non-implementation of existing code of conduct vis-vis discussions on sub-judice matters.
"There is no advisory to bar participation of journalists in talk shows. There is no restriction on appearance of any number of anchors to do long duration group marathon transmission on a special current issue on their channels while also taking other relevant guests where required/possible," the press release said
- Two soldiers martyred while thwarting terrorists’ infiltration from ...10:15 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Shaukat Khanum Pink Polo Cup 2021: Habib Metro Lions, Rijas ...09:50 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- FM Qureshi thanks Iranian President Raisi for support on Kashmir issue09:25 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Lulusar Polo in Pink 2021: Two more matches decided on second day09:05 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Hareem Shah's new bold video goes viral06:40 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Alia Bhatt and Ranbir Kapoor to get married in December?05:56 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Sania Mirza becomes a ‘rescue angel’ after Hafeez forgets ...05:24 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021