Plan for construction of Lahore's tallest building approved
The approval was given in line with the vision of Prime Minister Imran Khan who encouraged construction of high-rise buildings to save precious land and accommodate more people in the same space.
The 500 feet high-rise would be constructed on a 44-Kanal piece of land beside a hotel of an international chain; Chief Town Planner Syed Nadeem Akhter Zaidi and Additional Director General Housing Zarif Iqbal Satti handed over the approved plan to representatives of the Orient Group which is building and financing the project.
Environment Protection Agency and Traffic Engineering and Transportation Planning Agency have also issued no-objection certificates for construction of the building.
As per the plan, a water treatment plant would be installed in the skyscraper and the treated water would be used for chillers and horticulture purposes.
The building would also have arrangements for collection and storage of rainwater, its recycling as well as treatment for recharging of the underground water table.
The LDA has also informed the district administration as well as Rescue-1122 for making special arrangements for the area to deal with any untoward incident; the construction group has also shared its emergency plan with these departments.
- TikToker Ayesha Akram faces arrest for defying court orders in ...05:35 PM | 9 Dec, 2022
- Inside the lavish wedding of Fazila Qazi and Qaisar Khan Nizamani's ...05:09 PM | 9 Dec, 2022
- Football fan takes FIFA World Cup craze to operation theatre03:49 PM | 9 Dec, 2022
- Fajr Sheikh’s workout video goes viral09:05 AM | 9 Dec, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list? ...10:48 AM | 8 Dec, 2022
- Top 10 most searched people on Google in Pakistan in 202206:07 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Pakistan's first female Supreme Court judge earns place in BBC '100 ...01:24 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022