Pakistani military celebrates PLA's 94th foundation anniversary at GHQ (VIDEO)
RAWALPINDI – The 94th Anniversary of the founding of Chinese Peoples Liberation Army (PLA) was commemorated at Pakistan Army's General Headquarters (GHQ) on Thursday, according to the military's media wing.
Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa was the chief guest on the occasion, the Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR) said in a statement.
94th Anniversary of the founding of Chinese Peoples’ Liberation Army (PLA) was commemorated at GHQ. General Qamar Javed Bajwa, Chief of Army Staff (COAS) was the Chief Guest on the occasion. Ambassador of China to Pakistan; His Excellency Mr Nong Rong, Defence Attache; (1/6) pic.twitter.com/tvlgps4pJS— DG ISPR (@OfficialDGISPR) July 29, 2021
Ambassador of China to Pakistan Mr. Nong Rong, Defence Attache Major General Chen Wenrong, officials from Chinese Embassy & officers from tri-services of Pakistan attended the event.
Speaking on the occasion, China’s Defence Attaché thanked COAS Bajwa for hosting a reception on the eve of PLA’s 94th Anniversary. Recalling Chinese President Mr Xi Jinping’s view that Pakistan Armed Forces are the mainstay of Pak-China strategic relations, the Defence Attaché said China & Pakistan are iron brothers, all-weather friends & strategic partners.
"No matter how the world situation changes, we will always stand together in safeguarding our national sovereignty, territorial integrity & maintaining regional peace & stability," he said while addressing the gathering.
COAS Bajwa felicitated the Chinese leadership and lauded PLA’s role in China’s defence, security & nation building. Highlighting various facets of the deep rooted ties between the two states, militaries & the people, the Army chief said Pakistan-China relationship is unique and robust that has proven its resilience in the face of challenges.
"In the evolving security milieu, Pakistan China partnership is becoming increasingly important for regional peace and stability," he continued.
"Our past and present testify that we never give into challenges," he added.
"PLA and Pakistan Army are brothers in arms and our relationship will continue to contribute towards safeguarding our collective interests," the top general concluded.
- Saudi Arabia to appoint labor attaché to Pakistan this year12:18 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Nepal’s Dor Bahadur Khapangi becomes world’s shortest teenager11:16 AM | 26 May, 2022
- Five ‘PTI workers’ dead, 18 security officials injured in Azadi ...10:30 AM | 26 May, 2022
- Mishi Khan, Mariyam Nafees participate in Imran Khan’s Azadi March ...09:37 AM | 26 May, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...08:53 AM | 26 May, 2022
- Why Saba Qamar rejected Bollywood films?07:22 PM | 25 May, 2022
- Amar Khan and Momal Sheikh's hilarious BTS video goes viral06:45 PM | 25 May, 2022
- ‘Pawri girl’ Dananeer Mobeen's new video goes viral02:07 PM | 25 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022