Alice Wells stresses Pak-US close cooperation to achieve common objectives in Afghanistan & region
The ambassador Alice G. Wells made these remarks when she met the Foreign Secretary Tehmina Janjua at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Islamabad on Thursday during her second visit to Pakistan in 2018, aimed at continuing the conversation to strengthen bilateral relations and promote peace & security in the region.
Amb Wells calls on the FS at MOFA today pic.twitter.com/lSqjiPBlpT— Dr Mohammad Faisal (@DrMFaisal) March 29, 2018
During the meeting, the two sides reviewed bilateral relations and discussed regional issues particularly Afghanistan. The two sides agreed to continue bilateral engagements at all levels.
Both sides agreed that the momentum of the peace initiative unveiled in Kabul by the Afghan President Ashraf Ghani and followed up in Tashkent needs to be carried forward.
Mechanisms for the return of refugees and strengthening border management were also discussed.
Tehmina Janjua also apprised the visiting delegation of the continued ceasefire violations by India that undermined the stability of the region. Pakistan’s position that a comprehensive dialogue was the only way forward for civilized nations to resolve outstanding issues was reiterated.
- Pakistan's FM Qureshi congratulates Turkish counterpart for ...07:04 PM | 20 Jun, 2021
- Punjab top cop vows to treat Mufti Aziz ur Rehman as a test case04:41 PM | 20 Jun, 2021
- Triple crowns for Amna Qayum in 2nd PTF Junior National Ranking ...04:08 PM | 20 Jun, 2021
- Ertugrul’s Turgut Alp, Bamsı Beyrek made brand ambassadors for ...02:17 PM | 20 Jun, 2021
- Mahira Khan spends quality time with beau Salim Karim in Nathia Gali01:41 PM | 20 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021