ECP disqualifies PML-N senator over non-payment of dues
According to a statement by ECP on Tuesday, Mirza Afridi had to submit an amount of Rs1.7 million to Social Security Department but failed to do so. To this end, the election commission disqualified him from Senate membership.
Afridi was elected as an independent senator from Federal Administrative Tribal Areas (FATA), while after his election to the upper house, he joined hands with PML-N after holding a meeting with party lifetime head and ex-PM Nawaz Sharif.
He is the brother of Maznoor Afridi, who was earlier tipped as the caretaker chief minister of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa (KP), but his name was later dropped after Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) opposed his probable appointment.
- PTI minister tells why PM Imran can’t expel French ambassador11:55 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- 12 security personnel taken hostage by TLP protesters recovered: ...10:53 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Syria goes to the polls next month09:01 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Marastyal – KPK launches mobile app to lodge complaints against ...08:38 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Unknown persons booked for disrespecting 'King Priest' at Mohenjo-Daro08:04 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Aamir Liaquat takes a terrible fall during race in Ramadan show ...06:19 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Imran Abbas appointed goodwill ambassador by Turkey03:19 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Arjun Rampal, Neil Nitin Mukesh test positive for Covid-1902:01 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021