Pakistan’s airspace ban on all transit flights to continue till June 15
The earlier NOTAM had said that the ban will continue till May 30.
The decision to close the airspace has led to flight cancellations, delays and soaring ticket prices as Pakistan lies in the middle of a vital aviation corridor.
Foreign carriers using Indian airspace have been forced to take costly detours because they cannot fly over Pakistan and this mainly affects flights from Europe to Southeast Asia.
National carrier Air India has also seen a daily loss of Rs 5-7 crore due to the added fuel costs and longer routes, according to The Hindu.
SCO Summit: Pakistan allowed Indian FM’s ... 11:19 AM | 27 May, 2019
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan made a rare exception for India’s External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj to fly directly ...
The ban has been in place since February this year following the Indian violation of international border.
Following the PAF strikes, India confirmed the loss of one plane (MiG-21 Bison) and said it shot down a Pakistani jet (F-16) as it responded to the incident. However, the Indian claim was later debunked by US officials who said that they have counted the number of Pakistan Air Force F-16s in service and can say that none were lost to the Indian Air Force on Feb 27 this year.
- MDCAT 2020: FIA busts gang involved in 'paper leak'12:00 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Ex-PM Gillani’ son among 30 PDM workers arrested in Multan10:39 AM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Live open market Foreign Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - ...08:34 AM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 29 November 202008:30 AM | 29 Nov, 2020
- CokeStudio 2020 lineup revealed06:10 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Zindagi Tamasha – Pakistan's first Oscar submission04:22 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Maryam Nafees tests positive for coronavirus12:01 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020