Mushtaq Raisani, Khalid Langove secure bail in mega corruption case
The provincial high court granted bail after ordering the accused to submit Rs5 million each for the mega corruption scandal that had jolted the province two years back.
In May 2016, the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) raided Raisani’s office and formally arrested him. They also raided his residence and confiscated Rs730 million in cash and jewellery worth nearly Rs40 million. Further investigations revealed that the finance secretary also possessed valuable illegal properties in Karachi’s upscale neighbourhood - Defence Housing Authority.
Several others, including Langove, were also arrested by the accountability watchdog as the scope of investigations expanded.
Chairman NAB Justice (retired) Javed Iqbal had recently handed over the documents and keys recovered from Raisani to interim Balochistan Chief Minister Alauddin Marri during a ceremony held at the bureau's provincial headquarters.
During the ceremony, Justice (retd) Iqbal said that assets worth Rs650 million were recovered during a raid from Raisani's home. The assets included foreign currencies, prize bonds, and jewellery among other things.
However, the duo secured bail after spending almost two years behind bars.
- Punjab education minister Murad Raas shares update on early winter ...02:22 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Encouraging Players to Continue With Risk-Taking Can Be Difficult in ...01:47 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Meet Waleed Malik, Pakistani doctor who sets new record with 29 gold ...01:24 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Morrisville Samp Army march into the play-offs conquering Deccan ...12:44 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- US Central Command chief discusses security cooperation with COAS ...12:21 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Meet Pakistan's most streamed Spotify artist of the year08:36 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Pakistani TikTok sensation Ayesha's new videos shock her fans09:59 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- 'Hum Tum Season 2' in the works? Here is what Ahad Raza Mir says11:16 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022