SHC approves Sharjeel Memon protective bail in corruption cases
A reference had been filed against Memon by the National Accountably (NAB) accusing him of Rs.5 billion misappropriation.
Memon is also allegedly involved in giving advertisements as Sindh Minister for Information to the print and electronic media illegally.
Today, the former minister appeared before the court seeking bail in the case.
Last week, a bench of Islamabad High Court (IHC) granted protective bail to him after he filed surety bonds worth Rs 2 million.
On March 18, the former minister was briefly detained by officials of Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) and NAB at the Islamabad airport as he arrived in Pakistan from Dubai, ending his self-exile.
Responding to Imran Khan's comments regarding bail of Dr Asim, Memon said that politicians, who are terming the bail of Dr Asim a deal, were actually committing contempt of court.
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan – 29 November 202208:32 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Malala joins campaign for freedom of oppressed Afghan women11:31 PM | 28 Nov, 2022
- Osman Khalid Butt explains why he attended LSA 2022 despite Feroze ...11:01 PM | 28 Nov, 2022
- Dua Lipa secures Albanian citizenship08:19 PM | 28 Nov, 2022
- Katrina Kaif falls prey to 'Mera Dil Yeh Pukare Aaja' virus07:12 PM | 28 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022
- Shehbaz Sharif, Imran Khan, Gen Bajwa named among world’s 500 most ...10:36 PM | 1 Nov, 2022
- India falls behind Pakistan, Myanmar in Global Hunger Index02:30 PM | 16 Oct, 2022