M-3 Motorway to be inaugurated on Sunday
Governor Chaudhry Muhammad Sarwar will inaugurate Lahore-Abdul Hakim Motorway (M-3) at Jaranwala Interchange (M-3) near here on Sunday (tomorrow).
According to General Manager (PKM) M-3 Muhammad Naseem Arif, Lahore-Abdul Hakim Motorway is an important section of Karachi Peshawar Motorway and its completion will not only accelerate trade activities but it will also reduce the travelling distance between many cities especially Lahore and Multan besides reducing journey cost.
Lahore-Abdul Hakim Motorway (M-3) section is 230km long and its total construction cost is Rs 148.653 billion. This motorway passes through Sheikhupura, Nankana Sahib, Faisalabad, Toba Tek Singh and Khanwal districts while it will facilitate people of Lahore, Sheikhpura, Mangtanwala, Nankana Sahib, Bucheki, Jaranwala, Syed Wala, Tandlianwala, Sitiana, Sammundri, Mamonkanjan, Mureedwala Toba Tek Singh, Rajana, Kamalia, Pir Mehal, Shorkot and Kot Islam.
Lahore-Abdul Hakim Motorway has four lanes and it is one lane is 3.65 meters wide. Its outer shoulder is 3 meters wide whereas the width of its inner shoulder is one meter while commuters can travel on it with a maximum speed of 120km per hour.
Lahore-Abdul Hakim Motorway has eight interchanges, three service areas, eight bridges, three railway crossing bridges, 34 small canals/distributaries, 60 underpasses, 201 cattle creeps and 701 culverts.
The intelligent transport system has also been installed on Lahore-Abdul Hakim Motorway which has converted it into a model motorway. This system will also help to regulate and control vehicular traffic easily.
State-of-the-art technology has also been installed on Lahore-Abdul Hakim Motorway besides initializing its all affairs, including lane marking, installation of digital LED screens, electronic toll system, electronic weighing bridges and digital control room. CCTV cameras have also been installed on Lahore-Abdul Hakim Motorway to monitor and control vehicle speed and criminal activities on this route.
- Speaker Pervaiz Elahi summons emergency session of Punjab Assembly ...04:09 PM | 21 May, 2022
- PTI's Shireen Mazari arrested by anti-corruption officials in ...02:36 PM | 21 May, 2022
- 'Depth of misogyny’ – HRCP demands apology from Imran Khan over ...01:58 PM | 21 May, 2022
- Pakistan Army sets up heat stroke relief camps as temperature ...01:14 PM | 21 May, 2022
- Turkey’s defence minister calls on Pakistan Army chief12:25 PM | 21 May, 2022
- Watch - Hania Aamir ignores Iqra Aziz at 'Parde Mein Rehne Do' ...07:38 PM | 20 May, 2022
- Nora Fatehi and Kriti Sanon jump onto the ‘Pasoori’ bandwagon06:32 PM | 20 May, 2022
- TikToker Dolly's new dance video goes viral05:30 PM | 20 May, 2022
- Dollar hits all-time high at Rs19212:45 PM | 12 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022