Opposition has double standards on accountability, Panama Papers investigation, says Fazl
In an interview, he said the opposition was not addressing the government's suggestions in the parliamentary committee formed earlier to finalize ToRs for the judicial probe into the Panama leaks.
Fazal-ur-Rehman urged the parliamentary committee to formulate Terms of Reference within parameters of the Constitution.
He said that Prime Minister Muhammad Nawaz Sharif had presented himself for accountability even though his name had not been mentioned in Panama Papers.
He said that the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) had double standards regarding accountability, adding that its politics of sit-ins had weakened democracy in the country.
On the occasion, he also prayed for early recovery of Prime Minister Muhammad Nawaz Sharif, who is in London to undergo open-heart surgery.
- Eid Milad-un-Nabi: Mobile phone services partially suspended in parts ...11:33 AM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Defamation suit: ARY UK apologises to Ishaq Dar over ‘fabricated’ ...11:04 AM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Iran invites Pakistan to multilateral conference on Afghanistan10:36 AM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Zalmay Khalilzad, US envoy who brokered Afghan exit, resigns two ...10:04 AM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:48 AM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Atif Aslam pays tribute to late Farhad Humayun with iconic song06:00 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Ertugrul star Esra Bilgic in search of Pakistani NGOs05:00 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Priyanka Chopra goes scuba diving in Spain (VIDEO)05:25 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021