Security forces thwart sectarian attack on Muharram processions in Quetta
The forces carried out an operation in Pishin's northern area Toray Shah, where they recovered an explosive laden vehicle.
During the intelligence-based action, mastermind of the planned attack and two of his accomplices were arrested.
According to the military's media wing, the car bomb was used in militancy by targeting the procession being taken out in the wake of Ashura in Quetta.
Earlier today, the counter terrorism department foiled a terrorist plan to hit the procession in Multan. The security forces arrested four suspects during the raid and recovered two 30 bore pistols, one IED, 02 kg explosive, 10 detonators and other material.
Mourners are holding processions on 9th Muharram ul Haram (Saturday) to pay homage to the martyrs of Karbala and especially Imam Hussain (R.A) across the country.
The federal and provincial authorities have taken strict measures to maintain peace during the Ashura.
- President Alvi signs bill for use of EVMs in Pakistan’s next ...10:08 PM | 2 Dec, 2021
- MDCAT mandatory for admission to medical colleges, rules Pakistan's ...09:04 PM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Pakistan set to join ADB’s first ever Energy Transition Mechanism08:35 PM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Two million Pakistanis to go abroad for jobs in next 2 years, hopes ...07:45 PM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Bloodbath at PSX as KSE-100 index plummets over 2,000 points07:08 PM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Minal Khan shares a dreamy throwback video from her Maldives vacation04:20 PM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Salman Khan's family not invited to Katrina Kaif and Vicky Kaushal's ...03:45 PM | 2 Dec, 2021
- Merub Ali spills the beans about her relationship with Asim Azhar03:15 PM | 2 Dec, 2021