PM Imran visits quake-hit Mirpur, announces aid package for AJK
MIRPUR – Prime Minister Imran Khan on Monday visited earthquake-hit Mirpur city of Azad Jammu and Kashmir and reviewed the ongoing relief and rehabilitation activities, carried out by AJK Government with the coordination of Pakistan Government.
The premier went around the hospital and enquired after health of the victims of the catastrophe and expressed sympathies with them besides assuring optimum healthcare facilities for their early recovery.
Speaking during his visit to District Hospital Mirpur, PM Imran said a package is being prepared for the rehabilitation of earthquake affected people of Azad Kashmir. He assured to take immediate and every possible steps for the quake victims.
Imran Khan said he wanted to visit the quake affected areas at the earliest but he faced delay in his return from the US.
Earlier, a meeting chaired by Prime Minister Imran Khan was also briefed about the deaths and damages caused by earthquake in Azad Kashmir. The meeting was also informed about the relief measures and the strategy for rehabilitation of quake victims.
AJK Prime Minister Raja Farooq Haider, Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi, Minister for Kashmir Affairs Ali Amin Gandapur and the Chairman National Disaster Management Authority attended the meeting.
- Biden picks Kamala Harris as his 2020 vice presidential running mate11:36 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan strongly condemns anti-Islam Facebook post by Indian ...10:07 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Hafeez quarantined in England for taking photo with 90-year-old lady ...09:10 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- Afghanistan thanks Pakistan Army chief for supporting reconciliation ...07:57 PM | 12 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020