Naqeebullah case: Rao Anwar available to media but police fail to track him
In an effort, the police officials on Tuesday claimed to have raided a residence of the absconding officer in Islamabad to arrest Anwar but found no clue amid rumours that suspect fled abroad.
Deadline by SC to arrest Rao Anwar ends today 07:46 PM | 30 Jan, 2018
ISLAMABAD- The deadline given to the Inspector General Police (IGP) Sindh for arresting of suspended SSP Rao Anwar by ...
The same day Anwar talking to Pakistani media outlets from an undisclosed location denied reports of fleeing Pakistan and a raid at his house, showing incompetency of the police forces to track the missing cop, who is available to media otherwise.
Raising objections over the investigation team, he said that facts have been manipulated in the report, adding, "I am living in Pakistan".
On January 12, a police encounter took place in Shah Latif Town of Karachi under the supervision of Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Malir Rao Anwar. During this shoot-out, four alleged members of banned outfit Tahreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) were killed. Amongst these four alleged terrorists was 27-years-old Naseemullah, alias Naqeeb Mehsud.
After the disputed claims surfaced regarding Mehsud, the Sindh government formed a joint investigation team (JIT) to probe the matter, but Anwar did not cooperate with the team and went missing.
Later, the Supreme Court took a Suo Motu notice of the extrajudicial killing and heard the case at Karachi Registry. During the hearing, Chief Justice Mian Saqib Nisar ordered the police to arrest the accused within three days.
- PAKvENG: Pakistan win T20I series against England11:16 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani boxer Usman Wazeer makes history in Thailand10:35 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- NSC okays constitution of high-level committee to probe PM Office ...10:10 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Forced retirement of 85 Rescue employees challenged in LHC09:45 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Saim Sadiq's Joyland to hit cinemas on November 1807:58 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Malala Yousafzai becomes a TV producer07:19 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Ahmed Ali Butt and Ahmed Ali Akbar trolled for recreating Oscar slap06:12 PM | 28 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022