FM Qureshi stresses to sensitize int'l community about deplorable HR situation in Occupied Kashmir
ISLAMABAD - Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi has stressed upon the need for consistent efforts to build upon the current momentum and sensitize the international community regarding the deplorable situation of human rights in Occupied Kashmir.
He was talking to a 10-member delegation of European Parliamentarians in Islamabad, the Radio Pakistan reported.
He said successive reports by the Office of High Commissioner for Human Rights, the UK Parliament’s All Parties Parliamentary Kashmir Group report, as well as the hearing by European Parliament’s Sub-Committee on Human Rights in Brussels, lent credence to Pakistan’s stance on the Jammu and Kashmir dispute.
The foreign minister appreciated the efforts of European MPs, Pakistani and Kashmiri diaspora and those involved in raising the issue of gross human rights violations in occupied Kashmir in Europe and beyond.
Meanwhile, during an interaction with the media in Islamabad, Members European Parliament has urged India to come on table for dialogue to resolve Kashmir dispute according to aspiration of Kashmiri people.
The MEPs said they would give feedback to the European Parliament after assessing the situation on the ground so that a collective voice could be raised to resolve the Kashmir issue.
- French prime minister resigns01:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Hayme Ana from Diriliş: Ertuğrul is a phenomenal actress: Aisha ...12:38 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Better compliance of SOPs by people helped to contain spread of ...12:37 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan passes away at 7110:50 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Kashmiri lives also matter, says Mehwish Hayat10:15 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020