FM Qureshi stresses to sensitize int'l community about deplorable HR situation in Occupied Kashmir
ISLAMABAD - Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi has stressed upon the need for consistent efforts to build upon the current momentum and sensitize the international community regarding the deplorable situation of human rights in Occupied Kashmir.
He was talking to a 10-member delegation of European Parliamentarians in Islamabad, the Radio Pakistan reported.
He said successive reports by the Office of High Commissioner for Human Rights, the UK Parliament’s All Parties Parliamentary Kashmir Group report, as well as the hearing by European Parliament’s Sub-Committee on Human Rights in Brussels, lent credence to Pakistan’s stance on the Jammu and Kashmir dispute.
The foreign minister appreciated the efforts of European MPs, Pakistani and Kashmiri diaspora and those involved in raising the issue of gross human rights violations in occupied Kashmir in Europe and beyond.
Meanwhile, during an interaction with the media in Islamabad, Members European Parliament has urged India to come on table for dialogue to resolve Kashmir dispute according to aspiration of Kashmiri people.
The MEPs said they would give feedback to the European Parliament after assessing the situation on the ground so that a collective voice could be raised to resolve the Kashmir issue.
- PM Imran congratulates Sri Lankan counterpart Rajapaksa over election ...11:30 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan to resume international flight operations at all airports ...10:57 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- NAB rejects allegations of striking plea bargain deal with 2 army ...09:23 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- At least 11 dead as Air India passenger plan skids off runway, splits ...09:10 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- What do you know about Ravi Riverfront Urban Development Project?08:36 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- A sneak peek inside Selena Gomez's HBO cooking show05:38 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- John Wick 5 announced, to film back-to-back with 4th installment05:14 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- Ever since I was a child I’ve had a sleeping issue: Mahira Khan04:23 PM | 7 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020