FO summons Indian envoy, lodges protest over unprovoked ceasefire violations along LoC
ISLAMABAD - Foreign Office summoned Indian Deputy High Commissioner Gaurav Ahluwalia on Wednesday and lodged a strong protest over unprovoked ceasefire violations by the Indian forces along the Line of Control (LoC).
According to the Radio Pakistan, an innocent civilian was martyred while nine other civilians, including women and children, sustained serious injuries in Danna, Dhddnial, Jura, Lipa, Shardda and Shahkot sectors along LoC on Tuesday.
2 killed as India unleashes fresh wave of ... 10:26 PM | 30 Jul, 2019
BHIMBHER - Two Pakistani civilians lost their lives while another 19 were left wounded as Indian troops unleashed wave ...
In a statement, Foreign Office Spokesperson Dr Muhammad Faisal said the Indian forces along the LoC and Working Boundary have continuously been targeting civilian populated areas with heavy mortars and automatic weapons which still continues.
He said the deliberate targeting of civilian populated areas is indeed deplorable and contrary to human dignity and international human rights laws.
The Spokesperson said the ceasefire violations by India are a threat to regional peace and security and may lead to a strategic miscalculation.
He urged the Indian side to respect the 2003 Ceasefire arrangement; investigate these and other incidents of ceasefire violations, instruct the Indian forces to respect the ceasefire in letter and spirit and maintain peace on the LoC and the Working Boundary.
- Three Pakistan soldiers martyred in Balochistan terrorist attack09:49 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- UAE moves to third stage of COVID-19 vaccine trials09:46 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan stands by Turkey against FETO threat, Imran tells Erdogan09:29 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- UAE’s Covid-19 vaccine enters final testing stage09:25 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Pakistani university announces fee waiver for Spring semester amid ...09:18 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Asim and I share a bond beyond anyone’s comprehension: Hania Amir05:22 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Hadiqa Kiani releases song to pay tribute to Kashmiri Martyrs12:38 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Nadia Jamil updates her fans about her recovery after chemo12:13 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020