Minus Nawaz formula not acceptable, PML-N speaks with one voice
LONDON - The top-level consultative meeting of embattled Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz in London reiterated its support for former premier Nawaz Sharif asserting that minus Nawaz formula was not acceptable.
The meeting held at the residence of Hasan Nawaz on Monday was attended by Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi, Punjab Chief Minister Shehbaz Sharif, Principal Secretary to Prime Minister Fawad Hasan Fawad, Foreign Minister Nawaz Sharif, Finance Minister Ishaq Dar and both sons of Nawaz Sharif.
The attendees unanimously agreed that no extra-constitutional step would be accepted and there was no support from any quarter for such measures.
The high-level huddle that kept the three corruption references filed against the Sharif family by the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) in focus also stated that the media was being used to create propaganda.
In a bid to dispel the rumours of infighting within the party, it was also decided that the posters to be designed for next general elections would bear the picture of party President Nawaz Sharif only.
The bigwigs also decided to thrust the party into election mode ahead of the planned schedule but reiterated that the elections would be conducted on time.
- UAE allows citizens, residents to travel abroad09:53 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- COAS Bajwa expresses grief over loss of lives in Sheikhupura train ...09:04 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran says 'excellent' CPEC project to be completed at any cost08:21 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Private college teacher arrested for allegedly raping, filming ...08:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan set to get first ever space museum in 8 months07:09 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan passes away at 7110:50 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Kashmiri lives also matter, says Mehwish Hayat10:15 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020