Minus Nawaz formula not acceptable, PML-N speaks with one voice
The meeting held at the residence of Hasan Nawaz on Monday was attended by Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi, Punjab Chief Minister Shehbaz Sharif, Principal Secretary to Prime Minister Fawad Hasan Fawad, Foreign Minister Nawaz Sharif, Finance Minister Ishaq Dar and both sons of Nawaz Sharif.
The attendees unanimously agreed that no extra-constitutional step would be accepted and there was no support from any quarter for such measures.
The high-level huddle that kept the three corruption references filed against the Sharif family by the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) in focus also stated that the media was being used to create propaganda.
In a bid to dispel the rumours of infighting within the party, it was also decided that the posters to be designed for next general elections would bear the picture of party President Nawaz Sharif only.
The bigwigs also decided to thrust the party into election mode ahead of the planned schedule but reiterated that the elections would be conducted on time.
- US jury finds ex-cop Derek Chauvin guilty of murder in George Floyd ...03:15 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Ban on TLP will remain intact despite peace deal, says Fawad01:13 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- Indian politicians using stray dogs to spread election messages in UP12:49 AM | 21 Apr, 2021
- PAKvZIM – Trophy unveiled ahead of first T20 clash (VIDEO)11:42 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- PM Imran wishes India’s Manmohan Singh speedy recovery from COVID-1911:00 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Ertugrul star Engin Altan flaunts his surfing skills in new viral ...03:29 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Umer Sharif’s birthday bash hosted by Nida and Yasir02:55 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021