Saulat Mirza's wife receiving threatening calls
She confirmed of receiving threats via three phone numbers, two of which were already known to her. The same people (from the party) used to assure every sort of cooperation previously, she said.
"Muttahida Qaumi Movement will be responsible if any of the 60 members of my family gets harmed," she added while hinting at the links of phone calls to MQM.
“We are being told to beware of the consequences after recent revelations by husband,” the wife of death row convict maintained.
The family has been provided with a detail of police personnel.
Earlier she had confirmed her husband’s links to the MQM chief Altaf Hussain in an interview to private TV channel.
Saulat Mirza was arrested for the charges of murdering KESC head in 1997 and scheduled to be hanged on March 19. Any how the execution was halted after his video tape surfaced in which had been shown leveling allegations of ordering murders against MQM chief.
President Mamnoon Hussain had halted his execution for another month on the request of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif.
Mirza, who is currently detained in Mach Jail of Balochistan, is now scheduled to be executed on April 30.
- Seven Indian soldiers killed in bus accident near disputed border ...11:57 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Rs28 billion relief package for the poor will be part of next budget, ...11:35 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Pakistani PM Shehbaz Sharif to visit Turkey next week, says Foreign ...11:09 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Shireen Mazari's daughter booked for 'defaming' Pakistan Army chief09:43 PM | 27 May, 2022
- TikToker Dolly's bail plea in forest fire case dismissed by Islamabad ...06:09 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Shyra Roy shares her working experience with Hrithik Roshan07:53 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Anushka Sharma looks stunning in latest pictures08:19 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022