Over 3,200 missing persons recovered across Pakistan
In a session on Sunday, Justice (r) Javed Iqbal reviewed the progress on the cases of missing persons since the Commission’s inception till last month.
Some 4,804 such cases were reported till February 2018, with as many as 116 cases of disappearances were registered in the same month alone. Another 125 cases were reported to the Commission in the month of March.
Due to the Commission’s efforts, a total of 3,274 people returned to their homes safely while the number of remaining cases stands at 1,710 till March 31st.
In February, the Commission conducted 173 hearings in Islamabad; 44 in Lahore; and 157 in Karachi.
Iqbal, who retired from the Supreme Court in July, was appointed the chairman of the judicial commission mandated to trace missing persons in 2011.
- PM Imran to seek fresh vote of confidence from parliament11:40 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- PSL 6 – Quetta Gladiators beat Multan Sultans by 22 runs11:05 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- Here are complete unofficial results of Senate Election 202109:53 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- PSL 6 – Peshawar Zalmi fined for slow over-rate in match against ...09:15 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- PM Imran Khan’s vote for Senate polls was also rejected?09:04 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- Nauheed Cyrusi recreates Piya Basanti as the famous track turns 2007:00 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- Birthday girl Shraddha Kapoor shows her dance moves at beach party06:13 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- Anurag Kashyap and Taapsee Pannu face raids over 'tax evasion'05:14 PM | 3 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021