Over 3,200 missing persons recovered across Pakistan
In a session on Sunday, Justice (r) Javed Iqbal reviewed the progress on the cases of missing persons since the Commission’s inception till last month.
Some 4,804 such cases were reported till February 2018, with as many as 116 cases of disappearances were registered in the same month alone. Another 125 cases were reported to the Commission in the month of March.
Due to the Commission’s efforts, a total of 3,274 people returned to their homes safely while the number of remaining cases stands at 1,710 till March 31st.
In February, the Commission conducted 173 hearings in Islamabad; 44 in Lahore; and 157 in Karachi.
Iqbal, who retired from the Supreme Court in July, was appointed the chairman of the judicial commission mandated to trace missing persons in 2011.
- Sharjah builds on its FDI appeal in 2020; attracts $220 million in ...04:00 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Has State Bank of Pakistan restricted ATM withdrawal limit to Rs1,000?03:21 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Aman-2021 – Pakistan Navy set to hold 7th Multinational Maritime ...02:31 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Gigi Hadid and Zayn Malik finally reveal the name of their baby girl01:50 PM | 23 Jan, 2021
- Bilawal House announces schedule for Bakhtawar-Mahmood wedding05:32 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021