Indian forces killed 33 Kashmiris in single month: report
The media outlet, after a thorough study by its research wing, revealed that three of those martyred were killed in a fake encounter. The killings left three women widowed and six children orphaned.
"During the month, 565 people were critically injured when Indian police and paramilitary forces used brute force and fired pellets and teargas shells on mourners and peaceful demonstrators in the occupied territory," it said.
Apart from killings, 450 people, including Hurriyat leaders, activists and youth were arrested.
Indian troops molested or raped at least 24 women and destroyed 77 houses during the period, the media service said.
Although Indian forces keep on targeting civilians in the restive region but the casualties swelled in July owing to the fact that Kashmiris observed the first death anniversary of the commander of Hizbul Mujahideen Burhan Wani.
On the occasion, the Indian authorities imposed a curfew like situation blocking telecommunication in scattered places.
- PSL 2021: Karachi Kings face Quetta Gladiators to keep playoff hopes ...04:23 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- #LarkanaExpress: Shahnawaz Dahani lights up Twitter with most wickets ...03:46 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Sindh extends closure of marriage halls, cinemas amid fears over ...03:15 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Antonio Guterres re-elected as UN chief for the second term02:55 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Atif Aslam admires Arijit Singh for his song ‘Hawayein’02:25 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Maya Ali was offered a Bollywood film with Akshay Kumar02:35 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Naumaan Ijaz’s son Zaviyar all set for his acting debut02:09 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021