Indian forces killed 33 Kashmiris in single month: report
The media outlet, after a thorough study by its research wing, revealed that three of those martyred were killed in a fake encounter. The killings left three women widowed and six children orphaned.
"During the month, 565 people were critically injured when Indian police and paramilitary forces used brute force and fired pellets and teargas shells on mourners and peaceful demonstrators in the occupied territory," it said.
Apart from killings, 450 people, including Hurriyat leaders, activists and youth were arrested.
Indian troops molested or raped at least 24 women and destroyed 77 houses during the period, the media service said.
Although Indian forces keep on targeting civilians in the restive region but the casualties swelled in July owing to the fact that Kashmiris observed the first death anniversary of the commander of Hizbul Mujahideen Burhan Wani.
On the occasion, the Indian authorities imposed a curfew like situation blocking telecommunication in scattered places.
- MDCAT 2020: FIA busts gang involved in 'paper leak'12:00 PM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Ex-PM Gillani’ son among 30 PDM workers arrested in Multan10:39 AM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Live open market Foreign Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - ...08:34 AM | 29 Nov, 2020
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 29 November 202008:30 AM | 29 Nov, 2020
- CokeStudio 2020 lineup revealed06:10 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Zindagi Tamasha – Pakistan's first Oscar submission04:22 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Maryam Nafees tests positive for coronavirus12:01 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020