Indian forces killed 33 Kashmiris in single month: report
The media outlet, after a thorough study by its research wing, revealed that three of those martyred were killed in a fake encounter. The killings left three women widowed and six children orphaned.
"During the month, 565 people were critically injured when Indian police and paramilitary forces used brute force and fired pellets and teargas shells on mourners and peaceful demonstrators in the occupied territory," it said.
Apart from killings, 450 people, including Hurriyat leaders, activists and youth were arrested.
Indian troops molested or raped at least 24 women and destroyed 77 houses during the period, the media service said.
Although Indian forces keep on targeting civilians in the restive region but the casualties swelled in July owing to the fact that Kashmiris observed the first death anniversary of the commander of Hizbul Mujahideen Burhan Wani.
On the occasion, the Indian authorities imposed a curfew like situation blocking telecommunication in scattered places.
- Watch: Russian President Putin smashes 8 goals in ice hockey match11:36 PM | 11 May, 2021
- Pakistan condemns Israeli attacks on Palestinians, Al-Aqsa Mosque10:50 PM | 11 May, 2021
- India’s official website claims Jammu & Kashmir is 'predominantly ...10:28 PM | 11 May, 2021
- Babar Azam among Pakistani cricketers all prayers for the people of ...10:09 PM | 11 May, 2021
- Mehwish Hayat shares an adorable throwback picture09:01 PM | 11 May, 2021
- Falak Shabir is taking care of wife Sarah Khan's pregnancy cravings08:24 PM | 11 May, 2021
- Malala slammed for skipping 'Israel' in statement on Palestine attacks04:47 PM | 11 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021