World AIDS Day being observed today
ISLAMABAD (Staff Report) - World Aids Day is being observed today.
In their messages on the occasion, President Mamnoon Hussain and Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif have said the government is taking concrete steps for prevention and control of HIV and AIDS.
The President said all public sector hospitals are carrying out free of cost screening of blood and blood products for HIV and Hepatitis B and C to minimize the spread of HIV.
Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, in his separate message, said Pakistan is moving towards sustainable national financing to fight this disease.
He urged civil society, academia and media to play their effective role in educating the people on how to prevent the disease.
- APML shares Pervez Musharraf’s latest picture, asking for prayers10:29 PM | 1 Mar, 2021
- Fakhar Zaman thanks DailyPakistan reporter for celebrating Qalandars ...09:50 PM | 1 Mar, 2021
- Pakistan's First Lady Bushra Bibi visits Panahgah near Data Darbar08:55 PM | 1 Mar, 2021
- Pakistan's top commander visits logistics installations and workshop ...08:32 PM | 1 Mar, 2021
- Bigg Boss 14 winner Rubina Dilaik thanks Pakistani fans for the love06:30 PM | 1 Mar, 2021
- Aishwarya Rai’s Pakistani doppelgänger says being offered films03:34 PM | 1 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021