Man handed death sentence on 3 counts for raping, killing minor girl in DI Khan
Additional Sessions Judge Usman Wali Khan also imposed a fine of Rs900,000 on the convict while announcing the verdict, which is based on the sections of abduction, rape, and killing.
The father of the six-year-old victim expressed satisfaction on the verdict, adding that strict penalties will bar people from committing such crimes in the future.
The prosecutor told the media that the convict can challenge the verdict within 15 days, adding that Bilal needed to approach the jail administration for it.
The six-year-old victim was abducted in 2017 from DI Khan during a wedding ceremony after her family was threatened by the convict on rejecting her hand for marriage.
The body of the minor girl was found from a sugarcane field two days later.
Police arrested Bilal on the grounds of doubts and he later confessed to raping and murdering the minor girl.
- Imran Khan arrives at Nur Khan air base in a private plane for ...03:02 PM | 26 Nov, 2022
- SBP governor confident of $1bn Sukuk repayment before due date02:44 PM | 26 Nov, 2022
- vivo Y35 launched in Pakistan — price, specification, camera02:19 PM | 26 Nov, 2022
- Watch — Pakistan’s new CJCSC Gen Sahir Shamshad Mirza wins hearts ...01:42 PM | 26 Nov, 2022
- Sania Mirza rubs shoulder with husband Shoaib Malik amid divorce ...01:09 PM | 26 Nov, 2022
- Humaima Malick pays special tribute to Anjuman Shaheen at LUX Style ...10:05 PM | 25 Nov, 2022
- Hassan Ahmed reacts to wife Sunita Marshal's remarks from latest ...11:42 PM | 25 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022
- Shehbaz Sharif, Imran Khan, Gen Bajwa named among world’s 500 most ...10:36 PM | 1 Nov, 2022
- India falls behind Pakistan, Myanmar in Global Hunger Index02:30 PM | 16 Oct, 2022