Indian vessel apprehended for poaching in Pakistan’s Exclusive Economic Zone
KARACHI – Pakistan Maritime Security Agency has apprehended an Indian fishing vessel poaching inside the Pakistani Exclusive Economic Zone.
A statement issued by PMSA said that the vessel namely Tulis Maiya along with seven crew members has been taken into custody.
The agency regularly patrols Pak EEZ, to ensure the protection of its own fishermen while ensuring no foreign fishing vessels conduct poaching inside our EEZ.
“On 28 Jan, the PMSA Ship observed the Indian fishing vessel poaching inside Pakistani EEZ and warned its crew but it did not respond and continued poaching,” it said in a statement.
PMSA said that the Nakwa of the Indian fishing vessel made an evasive and dangerous manoeuvre after seeing approaching Pakistani forces’ ship.
On 28 January 22, during routine patrolling in Pakistan EEZ, PMSA Ship apprehended one Indian fishing vessel namely TULSI MAIYA with 7 x crew onboard, which was engaged in poaching.— PAKISTAN MARITIME SECURITY AGENCY (@HqPmsa) January 29, 2022
Pakistan Maritime Security Agency regularly patrols Pak EEZ, pic.twitter.com/KwSA5B3XYl
Nevertheless, PMSA successfully apprehended the boat after chasing it down and compelling it to stop in the name of law.
The PMSA unit then closed the vessel. After seeing approaching PMSA ship, the Nakwa of the Indian Fishing vessel made evasive and dangerous manoeuvre. Neverheless, PMSA ship successfully apprehended the boat after chasing it down and compelling it to stop in the name of law. pic.twitter.com/nukALLslVF— PAKISTAN MARITIME SECURITY AGENCY (@HqPmsa) January 29, 2022
The boat has been brought to Karachi for further legal proceedings as the act is clear poaching of rich resources of Indus Delta, violation of Pakistani law and UN Convention on Law of the Sea.
Pakistan arrests 12 Indians, seizes two vessels ... 08:10 PM | 18 Nov, 2018
KARACHI - Pakistan Maritime Security Agency has arrested twelve Indian fishermen for illegally fishing inside the ...
- Ace Junior League inaugural match tees off today04:26 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- ‘Khalistan-Pakistan Zindabad’ slogans in Aam Admi Party ...04:03 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan issues fresh travel advisory for domestic, international ...03:22 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- SBA, Korean Consul-General focuses on Sharjah’s ‘Guest of ...03:00 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Inside Ali Fazal and Richa Chadha’s vibrant Mehandi, Sangeet ...11:28 AM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Did Feroze Khan refuse to pay Rs200,000 child support to ex-wife?11:05 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Bollywood actress Rani Mukerji set to release her autobiography04:48 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022