Lineman killing case: Islamabad police hands over Army major to military police
Court of Omer Shabbir, civil judge/magistrate on Thursday ordered police to hand over Zahid, serving army officer, to the military police.
Major Raja Zahid allegedly killed Mehboob Ahmed, an assistant lineman at the IESCO, when the latter tried to disconnect power supply to his house due to the non-payment of dues.
Meanwhile police official said that the army officer surrendered to the Sihala police and confessed to the crime and that he had dumped the body in Gujar Khan with the help of his cousin, Minhaj.
Under the Pakistan Army Act, serving armed forces personnel can only be probed by the army’s investigation team for committing offences that fall under the ambit of the Pakistan Penal Code (PPC).
- Sastaticket.pk features in Forbes Asia 100 to watch in 202104:17 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Taliban leader Abdul Ghani Baradar makes it to Time's 100 most ...04:10 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- PCB unveils new ODI kit for Pakistan’s series against New Zealand03:06 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Nausheen Shah sheds light on the controversy with Yasir Hussain02:42 PM | 16 Sep, 2021
- Shahid Afridi pens a heartwarming birthday wish for daughter Ajwa02:00 PM | 16 Sep, 2021