Lineman killing case: Islamabad police hands over Army major to military police
Court of Omer Shabbir, civil judge/magistrate on Thursday ordered police to hand over Zahid, serving army officer, to the military police.
Major Raja Zahid allegedly killed Mehboob Ahmed, an assistant lineman at the IESCO, when the latter tried to disconnect power supply to his house due to the non-payment of dues.
Meanwhile police official said that the army officer surrendered to the Sihala police and confessed to the crime and that he had dumped the body in Gujar Khan with the help of his cousin, Minhaj.
Under the Pakistan Army Act, serving armed forces personnel can only be probed by the army’s investigation team for committing offences that fall under the ambit of the Pakistan Penal Code (PPC).
- T20 World Cup: Oman win the toss and elect to field first against ...02:37 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- WATCH: PML-N’s Azma Bokhari slaps man who misbehaved with her at ...12:56 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- 'Professor' Mohammad Hafeez turns 4112:06 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Vicky Kaushal spills the beans on engagement plans with Katrina Kaif11:26 AM | 17 Oct, 2021
- Malala all praise for Adele on new single's release05:52 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021