Lineman killing case: Islamabad police hands over Army major to military police
Court of Omer Shabbir, civil judge/magistrate on Thursday ordered police to hand over Zahid, serving army officer, to the military police.
Major Raja Zahid allegedly killed Mehboob Ahmed, an assistant lineman at the IESCO, when the latter tried to disconnect power supply to his house due to the non-payment of dues.
Meanwhile police official said that the army officer surrendered to the Sihala police and confessed to the crime and that he had dumped the body in Gujar Khan with the help of his cousin, Minhaj.
Under the Pakistan Army Act, serving armed forces personnel can only be probed by the army’s investigation team for committing offences that fall under the ambit of the Pakistan Penal Code (PPC).
- PAKvNED: Pakistan beat Netherlands by 16 runs in first ODI11:00 PM | 16 Aug, 2022
- Seven Indian soldiers killed, scores injured in deadly bus accident ...10:48 PM | 16 Aug, 2022
- Hania Aamir talks about life after Asim Azhar controversy09:27 PM | 16 Aug, 2022
- TikToker Dolly celebrates birthday in style04:29 PM | 16 Aug, 2022
- Why Mushk Kaleem's mother did not allow her to wear a saree?08:06 PM | 16 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022