Sindh official facing NAB probe dies of heart attack
SUKKUR – A government official, who was kept in the Sukkur Central Prison on corruption charges, died late on Sunday.
Engineer Aijaz Memon hailed from Jacobabad and had been in National Accountability Bureau (NAB) custody for an investigation into alleged misappropriation of Rs90 million development funds for Jacobabad, said jail officials.
Memon, who worked as an Executive Engineer serving in Sindh government's works and services department, was named in a reference filed against him and some of his associates by the anti-grant watchdog.
According to the prison authorities, he suffered a heart stroke and rushed to Sukkur's civil hospital, where he died during treatment.
- Daraz Humqadam supports 45,000 businesses, empowers 5,500 SMEs to ...11:14 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Coronavirus — Pakistan to open four western borders from Sunday10:47 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- UAE allows citizens, residents to travel abroad09:53 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- COAS Bajwa expresses grief over loss of lives in Sheikhupura train ...09:04 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran says 'excellent' CPEC project to be completed at any cost08:21 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan passes away at 7110:50 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Kashmiri lives also matter, says Mehwish Hayat10:15 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020