Sindh official facing NAB probe dies of heart attack
SUKKUR – A government official, who was kept in the Sukkur Central Prison on corruption charges, died late on Sunday.
Engineer Aijaz Memon hailed from Jacobabad and had been in National Accountability Bureau (NAB) custody for an investigation into alleged misappropriation of Rs90 million development funds for Jacobabad, said jail officials.
Memon, who worked as an Executive Engineer serving in Sindh government's works and services department, was named in a reference filed against him and some of his associates by the anti-grant watchdog.
According to the prison authorities, he suffered a heart stroke and rushed to Sukkur's civil hospital, where he died during treatment.
- Bilawal Bhutto ‘tears apart' PDM's show-cause notice to PPP09:07 PM | 11 Apr, 2021
- Iran hit by act of ‘nuclear terrorism,’ says atomic agency08:38 PM | 11 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan cricket team celebrate Fakhar Zaman’s birthday (VIDEO)08:01 PM | 11 Apr, 2021
- PAKvSA – Confident Pakistan aim for series lead over South Africa07:39 PM | 11 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani student’s documentary bags top prize at global ...03:31 PM | 11 Apr, 2021
- Jibran Nasir ties knot with Mansha Pasha in intimate ceremony03:22 PM | 11 Apr, 2021
- Katrina Kaif shares sun-kissed photos from quarantine02:05 PM | 11 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021
- Ten New IPO Billionaires in 202107:59 PM | 8 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021 – Tips for busy professionals01:52 PM | 7 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021 – Health tips for fasting in the holy month06:11 PM | 6 Apr, 2021