Turkey reopens restaurants, cafes as lockdown eased
ANKARA – Lifting several restrictions imposed to control spread of coronavirus, Turkey on Monday announced to reopen restaurants, cafes and historic bazaar in Istanbul.
However, bars and nightclubs were not reopened but the restaurants will have to maintain strict precautionary rules introduced by the government.
The Muslim country also reopened parks, beaches, libraries, museums and other facilities while millions of public sector employees resumed their jobs.
The Turkish government also lifted ban on inter-city travel, besides allowing domestic flights operation in several cities.
International flights have been suspended until June 10 in order to stop the flow of infection from foreign countries.
The total number of cases has surged to 164,769 in Turkey while 128,974 patients have recuperated from the infections.
The death toll from the pandemic rose to 4,563 as the country witnessed 23 new causalities in the last 24 hours, according to Health Ministry data.
- Sri Lanka minister offers ICC evidence 2011 World Cup was fixed08:17 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- $4k solid gold face mask for 'protection' against COVID-1908:06 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Over 300 cases of COVID-19 reported in Sindh Police in 2 days07:56 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- PPSC to restart interviewing candidates as lockdown eased07:44 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- Two injured after two trains collide near Rahim Yar Khan07:37 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- I appeal the President to help the needy artists of Pakistan: Ali ...02:22 PM | 4 Jul, 2020
- I will go to court to lift the ban on PUBG: Wakar Zaqa06:31 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020