Turkey reopens restaurants, cafes as lockdown eased
ANKARA – Lifting several restrictions imposed to control spread of coronavirus, Turkey on Monday announced to reopen restaurants, cafes and historic bazaar in Istanbul.
However, bars and nightclubs were not reopened but the restaurants will have to maintain strict precautionary rules introduced by the government.
The Muslim country also reopened parks, beaches, libraries, museums and other facilities while millions of public sector employees resumed their jobs.
The Turkish government also lifted ban on inter-city travel, besides allowing domestic flights operation in several cities.
International flights have been suspended until June 10 in order to stop the flow of infection from foreign countries.
The total number of cases has surged to 164,769 in Turkey while 128,974 patients have recuperated from the infections.
The death toll from the pandemic rose to 4,563 as the country witnessed 23 new causalities in the last 24 hours, according to Health Ministry data.
- Pakistan Army soldier martyred in another terror attack from inside ...09:15 AM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...08:44 AM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan – 01 October 202208:32 AM | 1 Oct, 2022
- TikTok removes 113 million videos to protect minors on the platform11:42 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- 'First-ever Indian singer to have his own private island with a lake, ...10:14 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Saim Sadiq's Joyland nominated for Oscars by Pakistani Academy ...08:09 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022