Farooq Abdullah’s sister, daughter among 12 women detained over Kashmir protest
SRINAGAR – At least 12 women, including the sister and daughter of former Occupied Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Farooq Abdullah, were arrested by Indian police for holding anti-India protest on Tuesday.
According to details, a group of woman gathered at a park in Srinagar while carrying placard inscribed with slogans “ Respect Fundamental Rights” and “Why downgrade Jammu & Kashmir” .
The police took them to the police station as they took to the main business area of Lal Chowk.
It was a short glimpse of anger simmering in the occupied territory after the Indian government stripped special status of the Occupied Kashmir by revoking Article 370 and 35-A of Indian constitution.
Yesterday, Indian authorities lifted ban on post-paid cell phone connections but the ban on internet and use of pre-paid cell phone connection was still continuing.
According to Indian media, the people of occupied territory came down hard upon the lifting of ban on post paid phone calls.
Omar Abdullah and other political leaders including Mehboba Mufti are already in detention.
Indian siege of Jammu & Kashmir enters 72nd ... 06:38 PM | 15 Oct, 2019
SRINAGAR – Life continues to remain paralyzed in the Occupied Jammu and Kashmir region on the 72nd straight day of ...
- Chairman Senate Sadiq Sanjrani announces to contest election for IPU ...01:22 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Punjab approves Ravi River Front Urban Development project12:40 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- TMF leads in online teaching system through its LMS DASHBOARD & ...12:34 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- I will not no longer do item songs in films: Sadaf Sabzwari11:45 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020