Did India remove Air Marshal after botched air strikes and kills by PAF?
Eastern Air Command Chief Air Marshal Raghunath Nambiar has been appointed as the new chief of Indian Air Force's sword arm Western Air Command (WAC), reported Indian media today.
However, there are some conflicting reports about this development, Indian sources suggested that Air Marshal Hari Kumar has retired while some insisted that he has been sacked due to the poor performance during the recent engagement with Pakistan. According to military sources it is highly irregular to remove the most important commander of IAF while the hostilities with Pakistan are going on. India has lost at least 8 war planes in the past one month, two of them shot down by the PAF.
Harikumar was posted as WAC chief in January 2017.
The WAC is headquartered in the national capital and controls the area from north of Bikaner in Rajasthan up to Siachen Glacier and controls almost 40 per cent of the air bases of the Indian Air Force.
Air Marshal Raghunath Nambiar has been a Flight commander of a Mirage-2000 Squadron, the Senior Test Pilot and Commanding Officer of the Flight Test Squadron at Aircraft System Testing Establishment (ASTE).
Pakistan returns captured IAF pilot Abhinandan ... 03:57 PM | 1 Mar, 2019
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan handed over an Indian pilot, who was captured by Pakistani troops inside Azada Jammu and Kashmir, ...
The move comes after Pakistan Air Force Wednesday struck at non-military targets across the Line of Control and shot down two Indian aircraft inside the Pakistan airspace.
- Ferozsons Laboratories salutes Healthcare Heroes by lighting National ...11:52 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Watch: Filling station worker douses ‘robbers’ with fuel11:21 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Pakistan Army captain among three soldiers martyred in Waziristan ...11:02 PM | 5 May, 2021
- 100 DG Khan students graduate from US-funded English Access program10:09 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Saboor Aly shares a heartwarming video from her Baat Paki celebration02:50 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Nazish Jahangir sheds light on the controversy with Mohsin Abbas ...02:10 PM | 5 May, 2021