Nawaz Sharif moves Supreme Court against rejection of bail plea
ISLAMABAD - Former prime minister Nawaz Sharif filed a petition in the Supreme Court on Friday against the rejection of a bail plea by the Islamabad High Court.
An Islamabad High Court bench comprising Justice Aamer Farooq and Justice Mohsin Akhtar Kayani had dismissed Sharif's bail plea on February 25 in Al-Azizia reference.
The elder Sharif had moved Islamabad High Court to seek relief on medical grounds, however, the court turned down his plea noting that the medical report does not show that his (Nawaz Sharif) life was in danger.
"In Nawaz Sharif’s case unusual circumstances could not be proved and in the light of the Supreme Court’s recent verdicts, the court could not grant him release on bail," the judges noted in a 9-page verdict.
Ex-PM Nawaz Sharif jailed for 7 years in ... 01:58 PM | 24 Dec, 2018
ISLAMABAD – An accountability court in the federal capital sentenced former prime minister Nawaz Sharif to seven ...
Nawaz Sharif has medical treatment facilities available to him. He does not qualify to be released on medical grounds, it added.
Nawaz Sharif was awarded seven-year jail sentence in the Al-Azizia reference filed by the accountability court in Islamabad on a reference filed by the National Accountability Bureau in light of the Panama Papers case verdict.
After deliberation over the judgment of the Islamabad High Court, the counsel for supreme leader of Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz, Khawaja Haris filed a petition in the apex court seeking that the IHC decision be declared null and void.
- Pakistan Navy ships MOAWIN, ASLAT visit Port Victoria11:25 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Over 5,000 prisoners suffering from HIV/AIDS, fatal diseases in ...10:27 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Kamyab Jawan Programme: PM Imran likely to distribute loan cheques in ...08:26 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Father, son die as vehicle falls into sea in Karachi07:49 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan, Malaysia face identical problems, says PM Imran06:58 PM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Jonas Brothers drop new video featuring their wives02:38 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ahmed Ali Butt shares a star-studded selfie and we love it!01:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- 60-year-old held for swindling men online using niece’s picture01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019