Nawaz Sharif moves Supreme Court against rejection of bail plea
An Islamabad High Court bench comprising Justice Aamer Farooq and Justice Mohsin Akhtar Kayani had dismissed Sharif's bail plea on February 25 in Al-Azizia reference.
The elder Sharif had moved Islamabad High Court to seek relief on medical grounds, however, the court turned down his plea noting that the medical report does not show that his (Nawaz Sharif) life was in danger.
"In Nawaz Sharif’s case unusual circumstances could not be proved and in the light of the Supreme Court’s recent verdicts, the court could not grant him release on bail," the judges noted in a 9-page verdict.
Ex-PM Nawaz Sharif jailed for 7 years in ... 01:58 PM | 24 Dec, 2018
ISLAMABAD – An accountability court in the federal capital sentenced former prime minister Nawaz Sharif to seven ...
Nawaz Sharif has medical treatment facilities available to him. He does not qualify to be released on medical grounds, it added.
Nawaz Sharif was awarded seven-year jail sentence in the Al-Azizia reference filed by the accountability court in Islamabad on a reference filed by the National Accountability Bureau in light of the Panama Papers case verdict.
After deliberation over the judgment of the Islamabad High Court, the counsel for supreme leader of Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz, Khawaja Haris filed a petition in the apex court seeking that the IHC decision be declared null and void.
- Two soldiers martyred while thwarting terrorists’ infiltration from ...10:15 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Shaukat Khanum Pink Polo Cup 2021: Habib Metro Lions, Rijas ...09:50 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- FM Qureshi thanks Iranian President Raisi for support on Kashmir issue09:25 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Lulusar Polo in Pink 2021: Two more matches decided on second day09:05 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Hareem Shah's new bold video goes viral06:40 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Alia Bhatt and Ranbir Kapoor to get married in December?05:56 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Sania Mirza becomes a ‘rescue angel’ after Hafeez forgets ...05:24 PM | 27 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021