Man fined, jailed over second marriage without first wife’s permission
The decision of Judicial magistrate Jawad Naqvi follows the petition of Ayesha Bibi, the first wife, in which she said that her husband, Shahzad Saqib, had married for the second time without getting her permission.
"To get married without your first wife's permission is breaking the law," she said in her appeal.
The woman appealed to the court that her husband's second marriage be declared illegal.
The magistrate awarded Saqib six months in prison and a Rs200,000 fine, according to Dawn News.
- Punjab makes Covid vaccination mandatory for school teachers, staff09:14 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- US military tests AI software that can predict events, enemy’s ...08:52 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Hassan Afzal Khan appointed new Pakistan consul general for Dubai08:00 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- COAS Bajwa visits Baloch Regimental Centre Abbottabad07:18 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- 5.3 magnitude earthquake jolts Islamabad, parts of KP06:50 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Aima Baig dances her heart out on sister’s mayoun (VIDEO)04:32 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Mahira Khan leaves fans thrilled with first teaser of ‘Prince ...04:01 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Sarah Khan flaunts baby bump in new photos03:30 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Kabul security team gets briefing on alleged abduction of Afghan ...11:34 AM | 3 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021