ML-1 project to be completed during PTI govt, vows railways minister
ISLAMABAD - Minister for Railways Sheikh Rashid Ahmad on Tuesday said that ML-1 new railway track project would be completed during the tenure of Prime Minister Imran Khan's government.
In an interview with a private television channel programs, he said, we had full confidence in accomplishing the task of laying down a new track from Karachi to Peshawar before ending the period of this government.
The minister revealed that ML-1, project was signed some fourteen years back. He hoped that mega railway project would provide fast and comfortable travelling facility to the people of the country.
Commenting on national reconciliation ordinance (NRO), he said that extending NRO by Pervez Musharraf, to the political figures involved in corruption and corrupt practices in the past, was a big blunder.
Giving reference to the book written by railway minister sometime back, he disclosed that Chaudhry brothers had been reluctant and unwilling to extend NRO to Ex Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto.
Expressing dismay over lethargic attitude of the BB's family members, he said no one from Pakistan Peoples Party, could follow the murder case of BB.
- Who is Chuck Feeney, and why top Pakistani leaders are praising him?07:38 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Punjab approves Drug Amendment Bill 2020 to counter fake cosmetics ...06:56 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Islamabad police rescue Hungarian diplomats who lost their way in ...06:32 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- 640 new coronavirus cases reported; one death in past 24 hours in ...04:31 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Prince Harry, Meghan Markle make it to the list of Time’s 100 most ...01:14 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- Keanu Reeves reveals that The Matrix 4 is to be a Love Story01:11 PM | 20 Sep, 2020
- I learnt how to ride a bike for 'Quaid e Azam Zindabad': Mahira Khan06:11 PM | 19 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020