SC returns petition challenging changes in NAB Ordinance
ISLAMABAD - The registrar office of the Supreme Court(SC) Thursday raised objections on a petition challenging amendments in National Accountability Bureau (NAB) Ordinance and returned it to the petitioner.
The registrar office had asked the petitioner to move to the relevant forum for his case.
The petition had claimed that the amendments in several sections of NAB Ordinance was a violation of basic human rights and supremacy of law.
It further claimed that the amendments could distribute the society and prayed the court to set aside the changes in NAB Ordinance.
The top court's registrar officer, however, returned the petition objecting that the petitioner had not approached the relevant forum firstly.
- PIA barred from flying to US over security concerns10:53 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan gears up efforts to tackle Covid-19 misinformation on social ...08:40 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- UK Visa Application Centres in Pakistan re-opening form July 2708:13 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- PTCL launches customer support services in Sindhi language07:20 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Asim Azhar's 'Jo Tu Na Mila' is a copy of Studio Ghibli production's ...02:04 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Veteran Bollywood actor Jagdeep dies at 8101:31 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- Beyonce is an Italian, not African-American, US politician claims01:24 PM | 9 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020