Army chief confirms death sentence for 12 hardcore terrorists
RAWALPINDI - Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa confirmed the death sentences awarded to 12 hardcore terrorists, who were involved in heinous offences related to terrorism.
The terrorists were involved in the killing of innocent civilians, attacking Law Enforcement Agencies and Armed Forces of Pakistan .
These terrorists also include those who planned and executed the attack on Markazi Imam Bargah Parachinar.
On the whole, they were involved in the killing of 34 persons including 26 civilians, 8 armed forces/Frontier Constabulary personnel and injuring 133 others.
These convicts were tried by special military courts. Besides, the army chief also ratified prison terms awarded to six other convicts.
Civilian Ehsan Ullah son of Kifayat Ullah was also tried by the special military court, however, he was found not guilty and has been acquitted accordingly.
- Federal cabinet rejects Mushtaq Mahar's name as Sindh IGP after ...08:06 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Drinking water case: SC dissolves Sindh Water Commission06:59 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- SBP key policy rate remains unchanged at 13.25 percent05:15 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Pakistani pavilion inaugurated at Arab Health Exhibition in Dubai04:57 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Why Miley Cyrus missed the 2020 Grammy Awards?03:58 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Rabi Pirzada performs Umrah03:38 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Ayeza Khan says she wanted to redefine the role of a 'heroine' ...03:25 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019