ECP summons Imran Khan for seeking 'loyalty' affidavit from ticket aspirants
A five-judge bench headed by the chief election commissionerSardar Raza heard a plea against PTI’s act of seeking assurance on affidavits from ticket hopefuls that they would not run independently for denial of the ticket; the petition had been filed by PTI ticket hopefuls Mulk Munir and Rao Waqas Irshad.
During the hearing, ECP Punjab member Altaf Ibrahim Qureshi said that the political parties had always issued tickets based on these conditions.
“Have other parties also sought similar assurance affidavits?” he questioned.
The petitioner’s counsel responded that all the parties were seeking such assurance affidavits but they are illegal and against their manifestos.
“No political party can stop a candidate from contesting as an independent,” the counsel argued.
After hearing the counsel’s arguments, the bench issued a notice summoning the cricket-turned-politician on July 4 (Wednesday).
- T20 World Cup: Bangladesh and Oman lock horns in must-win game today12:32 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- PM Imran, President Alvi extend felicitations to Muslims on Eid ...11:57 AM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Eid Milad-un-Nabi: Mobile phone services partially suspended in parts ...11:33 AM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Defamation suit: ARY UK apologises to Ishaq Dar over ‘fabricated’ ...11:04 AM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Iran invites Pakistan to multilateral conference on Afghanistan10:36 AM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Atif Aslam pays tribute to late Farhad Humayun with iconic song06:00 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Ertugrul star Esra Bilgic in search of Pakistani NGOs05:00 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Priyanka Chopra goes scuba diving in Spain (VIDEO)05:25 PM | 18 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021