PPP's provincial president stands disqualified, rules BHC
A two-member bench comprising, Justice Naeem Akhtar Afghan and Justice Nazeer Langoor, barred the PPP leader from taking part in the election set to be held on July 25.
Earlier, Jattak had been disqualified by the Returning Officer and the appellate tribunal. He had challenged the verdict in the high court.
In 2013, the additional session court had awarded him a two-year jail and imposed a fine of Rs10,000 in a fake degree case.
After the sentence, Jattak was arrested from the court premises and shifted to jail. He was elected as a member of the Balochistan Assembly in the 2008 election.
- PML-N refuses playing cricket match with Pakistan’s ruling party at ...06:22 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Balochistan face off Central Punjab in 4th match of National T20 2021 ...05:51 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Top Pakistani, Russian generals discuss military ties in Moscow05:29 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- vivo all set to launch the brand new Y33s in Pakistan04:41 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- HBL extends its ATM network free of cost to Finja Debit Card ...04:21 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Neha Rajpoot and Shahbaz Taseer's wedding festivities kickstart03:18 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Umar Akmal’s hilarious Tiktok video sparks memefest02:30 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Veteran Pakistani actor Talat Iqbal passes away in US10:40 AM | 24 Sep, 2021