All Balochistan students to undergo drug tests
A citizen had moved the court against the increasing number of student addicts in educational institutions in Balochistan.
A divisional bench of the BHC, comprising Justice Jamal Mandokhail and Justice Nazeer Ahmed Langove, ordered the education secretary (schools) and the education secretary (colleges) to conduct drug tests of students phase wise.
"Students are our future and they must be protected from this curse," Justice Jamal Mandokhail remarked during the hearing.
“If any student is found to be an addict, proper action should be taken against him/her,” the court directed the government.
The bench ordered the anti-narcotics force, police and other concerned departments to take strict action against drug peddlers and smugglers. Except for parents, irrelevant persons should not be allowed near educational institutions, it said.
The court will resume hearing on June 22 this year.
- Indian villagers set up 'Corona Mata' temple to ward off deadly virus01:08 AM | 19 Jun, 2021
- USAID provides more anti-Covid assistance to Pakistan10:53 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan values UK’s balanced role in global, regional affairs: ...09:50 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- On this day in 2017, Pakistan defeated India to win maiden ICC ...09:06 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- AJK minister quits PML-N to join PTI ahead of July 25 polls08:41 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Bollywood diva Anushka Sharma spotted enjoying English summer05:55 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Lovebirds Nimra and Asad give major holiday goals with latest clicks03:13 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- Take a tour of Meesha Shafi's Canadian bungaloft04:36 PM | 18 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021