Punjab govt to unveil Budget 2017-18 with total outlay of Rs1,970 billion today
Provincial Finance Minister Ayesha Ghous Pasha will present the budget in the Punjab Assembly after getting approval in a meeting of provincial cabinet headed by Chief Minister Shehbaz Sharif.
In the upcoming budget, government employees may get an ad hoc relief of 10 per cent of their basic salaries.
The ongoing Oragne Line Metro Train project would get funds of Rs96 billion, a private channel reported, adding that Rs635 billion will be allocated for development projects.
Similarly, the government will reportedly allocate Rs120 billion for security, Rs57 billion for health sector, Rs53 billion for schools, Rs18 billion for higher education, Rs30 billion for clean drinking water schemes, Rs17 billion for the Chief Minister’s Rural Programme and Rs4.5 billion for the laptop distribution scheme.
The Punjab Government had approved a budget of around Rs1,681 billion for fiscal year 2016-17.
- China alleges ‘political manipulation’ as G7 leaders discuss BRI ...12:15 AM | 15 Jun, 2021
- PSL 2021 – Colin, Iftikhar power Islamabad United to 8-wicket win ...11:59 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Budget 2021-22: Punjab proposes Rs370 billion for health services10:51 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Saudi Arabia allows women to register for Hajj without guardian10:05 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Govt likely to increase petroleum prices from June 1609:38 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Producer of Christchurch mosque attack movie resigns after backlash05:02 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Meesha Shafi becomes certified yoga instructor04:20 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Ushna Shah and Juveria Abbasi enjoy beach day out03:05 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021