Fazalur Rehman takes oath as Sindh CM
Governor Muhammad Zubair administered the oath to Rahman under Article 224 of the Constitution; the decision to appoint Rehman was made after hours-long meeting between the provincial government and opposition.
Former chief minister Syed Murad Ali Shah said they discussed 30 names before Rehman was finalised for the post.
Former opposition leader in Sindh Assembly, Khawaja Izhar said they decided to finalise Rehman’s name as he was a neutral individual when it came to politics, while also has a vast experience in administration and governance.
Rehman served as Sindh chief secretary from 2007 to 2010, after which he was retired from service.
- Pakistan, India face off in first Olympic event final in 53 years11:52 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Travellers vaccinated with Sinopharm, Sinovac allowed to enter Saudi ...11:32 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- INS Vikrant: India's first indigenous aircraft carrier begins sea ...10:40 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Abdul Qayyum Niazi: Who is the new PM of Azad Jammu & Kashmir?10:12 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Wife accuses Yo Yo Honey Singh of domestic violence05:34 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Aima Baig dances her heart out on sister’s mayoun (VIDEO)04:32 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Mahira Khan leaves fans thrilled with first teaser of ‘Prince ...04:01 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021