SC seeks official policy on unregistered stents in 10 days
A three-member bench headed by Chief Justice Mian Saqib Nisar on Thursday resumed the hearing of a suo moto case regarding selling of fake stents.
The Prime Minister secretariat should make a committee with feedback from all parties, the court said.
During the proceedings, the Chief Justice remarked that the case dealt with public health and so was extremely important. “The doctor or patient should not have to worry about the fact if they are using a registered stent or not,” he said.
He asked the health secretary to clarify the delay in sending a summary to the prime minister secretariat.
Chief Justice Mian Saqib Nisar had taken action on reports that the Cardiac Ward of Mayo Hospital, Lahore, and other government hospitals of Punjab are either putting stents in heart patients even when not required or charging patients an exorbitant rate up to Rs180,000 for each stent that actually cost a few thousand rupees.
- vivo all set to launch the brand new Y33s in Pakistan04:41 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- HBL extends its ATM network free of cost to Finja Debit Card ...04:21 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- LHC orders Nadra to issue identity card to adopted teen girl02:50 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Umar Akmal’s hilarious Tiktok video sparks memefest02:30 PM | 24 Sep, 2021
- Veteran Pakistani actor Talat Iqbal passes away in US10:40 AM | 24 Sep, 2021