Dawn Leaks: Ousted Tariq Fatemi terms all allegations against him baseless
Fatemi wrote a farewell letter stating that he was ready for any kind of cooperation but "such suggestions are particularly hurtful to someone who has served Pakistan for nearly five decades with honour and integrity".
Fatemi said that he was in agony after these baseless allegations, adding, I reject recent allegations, insinuations and innuendos".
On April 30, the federal cabinet division had issued a notification, ordering the withdrawal of the portfolio of Foreign Affairs from the Prime Minister’s Special Assistant Tariq Fatemi.
“In terms of rule 4(6) of the Rules of Business, 1973, the Prime Minister has been pleased to withdraw the portfolio of Foreign Affairs, with immediate effect, from Mr Tariq Fatemi, Special Assistant to the Prime Minister with the status of Minister of State,” the notification read.
The notification has been issued because of Fatemi's alleged role in Dawn leaks case.
According to 4(6) of Rules of Business 1973, the Prime Minister has the right to determine his special assistants. “There may be a Special Assistant or Special Assistants to the Prime Minister with such status and functions as may be determined by the Prime Minister,” it reads.
- Sakina Samo debunks rumours of her death after coronavirus diagnosis07:38 PM | 4 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020