China's position on the Kashmir issue is clear-cut and consistent: Spokesperson
Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Geng Shuang said that the approval of the listing of Masood Azhar has nothing to do with the Kashmir issue and would not affect China’s position on the longstanding dispute.
"China's position on the Kashmir issue is clear-cut and consistent. This is an issue left over from the past between India and Pakistan and should be properly resolved through consultation and negotiation by relevant parties," the spokesman said.
He said Pakistan has made enormous contributions in fighting terrorism, which deserved the full recognition of the international community.
The spokesperson said China will continue its firm support to Pakistan’s efforts to combat terrorism and extremist forces.
The spokesperson remarked that the 1267 Committee of the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) had detailed criteria for the listing procedures.
"China always believes that the relevant work should be carried out in an objective, unbiased and professional manner and based on solid evidence and consensus among all parties," he added.
Geng Shaung said on the listing issue that China had been communicating with relevant parties in a constructive and responsible fashion.
- PCB reveals men's central contract list for 2022-2312:45 PM | 30 Jun, 2022
- Covid-19: Pakistan reports two deaths, 641 new positive cases11:16 AM | 30 Jun, 2022
- Watch: Female doctor tortured inside police station in Bahawalnagar10:24 AM | 30 Jun, 2022
- American superstar R. Kelly gets 30 years in prison for sex crimes09:32 AM | 30 Jun, 2022
- 'Put your anda paratha on your status instead of copying other ...12:19 AM | 30 Jun, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022