China's position on the Kashmir issue is clear-cut and consistent: Spokesperson
Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Geng Shuang said that the approval of the listing of Masood Azhar has nothing to do with the Kashmir issue and would not affect China’s position on the longstanding dispute.
"China's position on the Kashmir issue is clear-cut and consistent. This is an issue left over from the past between India and Pakistan and should be properly resolved through consultation and negotiation by relevant parties," the spokesman said.
He said Pakistan has made enormous contributions in fighting terrorism, which deserved the full recognition of the international community.
The spokesperson said China will continue its firm support to Pakistan’s efforts to combat terrorism and extremist forces.
The spokesperson remarked that the 1267 Committee of the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) had detailed criteria for the listing procedures.
"China always believes that the relevant work should be carried out in an objective, unbiased and professional manner and based on solid evidence and consensus among all parties," he added.
Geng Shaung said on the listing issue that China had been communicating with relevant parties in a constructive and responsible fashion.
- Biden: 'We can't wait any longer' to address climate crisis12:03 PM | 28 Jan, 2021
- Prayer leader butchered inside house in Lahore’s Shalimar11:54 AM | 28 Jan, 2021
- Corruption increases: Pakistan slips four places on global Corruption ...11:13 AM | 28 Jan, 2021
- Pakistan to start Covid-19 vaccination from next week: NCOC chief10:35 AM | 28 Jan, 2021
- Karachi court awards death penalty to man for raping daughter’s ...10:06 AM | 28 Jan, 2021
- Natasha Ali shares her wedding pictures with fans07:43 PM | 27 Jan, 2021
- Faysal Qureshi reacts to news of couple confessing to sexually ...07:32 PM | 27 Jan, 2021
- WATCH – Muneeb Butt shares a heartwarming father-son moment03:57 PM | 27 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021