PM Nawaz vows to ensure fast track payment to quake affectees
"It is our utmost effort to provide compensation to the calamity hit people at the earliest so that the victims could rebuild their houses," the prime minister said while addressing the quake affected people in Lower Dir's headquarters Timergara on Monday.
Deploring the loss of precious lives in the calamity, the premier said the relief package prepared in consultation with the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa government is aimed at reducing the sufferings of the affected families. He added the victims have also been provided with tents, blankets and ration to lessen their problems multiplied by the cold weather particularly at the hilltops.
PM Nawaz appreciated the KPK government and Pakistan Army for timely completing the survey of fully damaged and partially damaged houses. He said he will revisit the areas following the reconstruction of damaged houses.
Later, the PM distributed compensation cheques among the affected people in Timergara.
Earlier on his arrival in the headquarters of Lower Dir district, he was given a detailed briefing on the damages caused by the calamity in the area and the relief activities.
Meanwhile, addressing the quake affected people in Khar tehsil of Bajaur Agency, the PM said the government stands shoulder to shoulder with the earthquake affected people in this hour of trial. "It is our foremost priority to rehabilitate the victims and bring normalcy in their lives at the earliest," he said.
He added it was earlier anticipated to complete the compensation payment process in three to four days but due to emergence of more damaged houses at hilltops, it is expected that the process will be completed in fifteen days.
"The government desires that the damaged houses are repaired before the advent of harsh winter season," he further said.
- Dr Nauman barred from hosting show on PTV for insulting Shoaib Akhtar ...10:12 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Top military leadership vows to thwart entire spectrum of threats in ...09:01 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Quddus Bizenjo to be elected Balochistan CM unopposed as PTI’s Rind ...08:28 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Lulusar Polo in Pink 2021: Guard Group qualify for main final07:59 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Katrina Kaif denies rumoured wedding to Vicky Kaushal05:45 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Imran Ashraf and Sadia Khan's latest BTS video goes viral05:00 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Momina Mustehsan leaves everyone awestruck with her melodious voice05:20 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021