Anti-Narcotics Court extends Rana Sanaullah's judicial remand till Nov 16
LAHORE - An Anti-Narcotics Court has extended Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) Punjab President Rana Sanaullah’s judicial remand till November 16 in the heroin smuggling case.
According to media details, Call Data Record (CDR) of the investigation officer was submitted in the court where Duty judge Khalid Bashir conducted the hearing.
Rana Sanaullah’s counsels also requested the court take action over their client’s plea to hand over the seized car.
Earlier, Anti-Narcotics Force (ANF) legal director filed a petition, challenging trial court’s decision of not hearing the heroin smuggling case against Rana Sanaullah on daily basis in the Lahore High Court (LHC).
The ANF maintained in the petition that a drug trafficking case was lodged against the PML-N leader on July 1 and the challan was timely submitted.
The ANF took the stance that the trial court, contrary to facts, rejected the plea seeking a hearing on a daily basis.
The ANF requested the Lahore High Court to nullify the trial court’s decision.
On July 1, ANF officials arrested Rana Sanaullah, who served as the Punjab law minister during the former PML-N government, from the Islamabad-Lahore motorway near Sukheki, while he was travelling from Faisalabad to Lahore.
The ANF had registered an FIR against the PNL-N leader under 9-C, 15 and 17 of the Control of Narcotic Substances Act. It was alleged that the ANF recovered 15 kilogram heroin and other drugs from Rana Sanaullah's car, whereas, the operation was conducted on a tip-off.
- Coronavirus infection cases reach 1,495 in Pakistan11:16 AM | 29 Mar, 2020
- FM Qureshi says Global fight against Covid-19 requires multi-national ...10:52 AM | 29 Mar, 2020
- Punjab Govt decides to waive off taxes amounting to Rs 18 billion10:17 AM | 29 Mar, 2020
- Another special plane carrying second lot of medical supplies from ...09:03 AM | 29 Mar, 2020
- COVID19: Pakistan confirms 12 deaths; Coronavirus cases jump to 1,50011:59 PM | 28 Mar, 2020
- Baby Doll singer Kanika Kapoor tested positive for coronavirus03:40 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Michael Jackson ‘predicted’ coronavirus-like pandemic: Ex ...03:28 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Maya Ali is distributing ration bags among needy over Coronavirus ...03:16 PM | 26 Mar, 2020
- Pakistani student gives birth to baby girl in Wuhan, China04:00 PM | 15 Mar, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019