Anti-Narcotics Court extends Rana Sanaullah's judicial remand till Nov 16
LAHORE - An Anti-Narcotics Court has extended Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) Punjab President Rana Sanaullah’s judicial remand till November 16 in the heroin smuggling case.
According to media details, Call Data Record (CDR) of the investigation officer was submitted in the court where Duty judge Khalid Bashir conducted the hearing.
Rana Sanaullah’s counsels also requested the court take action over their client’s plea to hand over the seized car.
Earlier, Anti-Narcotics Force (ANF) legal director filed a petition, challenging trial court’s decision of not hearing the heroin smuggling case against Rana Sanaullah on daily basis in the Lahore High Court (LHC).
The ANF maintained in the petition that a drug trafficking case was lodged against the PML-N leader on July 1 and the challan was timely submitted.
The ANF took the stance that the trial court, contrary to facts, rejected the plea seeking a hearing on a daily basis.
The ANF requested the Lahore High Court to nullify the trial court’s decision.
On July 1, ANF officials arrested Rana Sanaullah, who served as the Punjab law minister during the former PML-N government, from the Islamabad-Lahore motorway near Sukheki, while he was travelling from Faisalabad to Lahore.
The ANF had registered an FIR against the PNL-N leader under 9-C, 15 and 17 of the Control of Narcotic Substances Act. It was alleged that the ANF recovered 15 kilogram heroin and other drugs from Rana Sanaullah's car, whereas, the operation was conducted on a tip-off.
- Govt to spend more than Rs30b on higher education this year, says ...11:57 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Youth-led projects showcased in Student Leaders Conference08:41 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Infinix, CarlCare join hands with M&P to provide unmatched after-sale ...08:26 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Mehwish Hayat says Pervez Musharraf deserves a chance to be heard02:30 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Kate Middleton thanks Maheen Khan with sweet note02:06 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Humayun Saeed shares an all smile picture with brothers01:39 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019