Pakistan Army offers to train more Afghan forces
KABUL - Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa has offered to train Afghan security forces, while reiterating his pledge of support to fight against terrorism during his visit to the neigbouring country.
"COAS offered Pakistan's complete support in achieving shared interests in war against terrorism, including training and capacity building of Afghan Security Forces," according to the military's media wing, Inter Services Public Relations's (ISPR).
Afghan forces to receive training in India for ... 11:49 AM | 30 Sep, 2017
NEW DELHI - India and Afghanistan have signed a pact for technical cooperation in police training and development aimed ...
The Pakistani delegation including also chief of Inter-Service Intelligence came after the announcement of a new US strategy on Afghanistan in August. The strategy calls for Pakistan to tackle terror sanctuaries in its soil.
An exchange of perspectives spanned the full range of Pak-Afghan relationship. Plethora of issues related to long-term peace, coordination between counter-terrorism campaigns, limiting the space for non-state actors, cooperation against the shared threats, intelligence sharing and people-to-people contacts were discussed, the ISPR statement added.
Pakistan and Afghanistan discuss trade, regional ... 07:00 PM | 1 Oct, 2017
KABUL - Pakistan’s Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Qamar Javed Bajwa discussed regional security among other ...
They also evaluated the existent security environment in the region generally.
General Bajwa accompanied by a delegation of high level Pakistani officials arrived in Kabul on Sunday.
- Three Pakistan soldiers martyred in Balochistan terrorist attack09:49 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- UAE moves to third stage of COVID-19 vaccine trials09:46 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan stands by Turkey against FETO threat, Imran tells Erdogan09:29 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- UAE’s Covid-19 vaccine enters final testing stage09:25 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Pakistani university announces fee waiver for Spring semester amid ...09:18 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Asim and I share a bond beyond anyone’s comprehension: Hania Amir05:22 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Hadiqa Kiani releases song to pay tribute to Kashmiri Martyrs12:38 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Nadia Jamil updates her fans about her recovery after chemo12:13 PM | 14 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020